Total U.S. salon services and salon retail sales grew by 2% to $63 billion. However, the salon count declined by 5%, as many traditional, commission-based salons closed, and beautiful, large, new salon suites opened.
The best part about the Salon industry is that it’s so huge and flexible regardless of the industry trends or economy if you have a Salon you can leverage your retail space to maximize your potential growth.
Growth in any industry, for the most part, means there’s always an opportunity for money to be made across the board, so today we are going to take a look at how you can maximize your potential growth during this great time of opportunity in the barbering industry.
First thing first before you head on any conquest, you must decide what exactly do you want to achieve, is it more sales, freedom, brand expansion or community connections. Regardless of what your goal is this one tactic is worth implementing in your business this upcoming year.
Have you heard the phrase there’s “Riches in the Niches?”
If yes you are right on the money if not you might want to get in on this gravy train. So let’s cover the what, when, why and how’s.
- What is Niche or Niche Marketing as we will discuss it today?
- Why is it important to me?
- When should I try it?
- How do I implement it in my barbering business now?
According to Google Niche marketing is an advertising strategy that focuses on a unique target market. Instead of marketing to everyone who could benefit from a product or service, this strategy focuses exclusively on one group—a niche market—or demographic of potential customers who would most benefit from the offerings.
A niche is important to you because creating a niche marketing strategy can benefit your business in several ways:
- A niche serves very specific, unmet needs of a customer market.
- A niche offers well-defined solutions (services or products) that match customers’ needs.
- A niche provides a targeted and comfortable environment for customers.
- And a niche allows you (the business owner) to feel excited and satisfied.
- When should you implement the idea, You should implement it as soon as your done reading this article there’s no time like the present to grab hold of an opportunity that could potentially take your business to the next level of influence in your field.
Let’s take a look at some of the most profitable niches in the salon industry that you could show you how you can use this tactic to your advantage in your business right now.
1. Fresh skin is in, skincare is the new fitness. The global skincare products market size was valued at 134.8 billion in 2018 Remember all the facials we learned in cosmetology? Guess what facials are the #1 thing that women want to try. Now would be the time to upsell all those facial services that would benefit your customers best. You could host fresh skin is in nights for different age groups depending on your target market.
2.Skin Care From The Earth: The skin category continues to explode with more natural, clean and even food-standard products. There is a perception that skin and mind are linked and there’s a connection between skincare and wellness. It’s the opposite direction from where makeup is going. This is a niche market opportunity not just for instore facials but organic and natural products to upsell to clients.
3. Permanent Makeup and eyebrow tinting is here to stay
4.Laser hair remover
5. Spa Amenities
All of these are profitable niche markets that you could implement to maximize your sales and community reach. Would you like to use these niche marketing tactics to give your Salon an unfair advantage in 2020 if yes, get the simple step by step system here.