According to New York Times The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that the job category that includes pet groomers will grow 11 percent through 2023, faster than the average growth for the economy as a whole. The Pet Grooming and Boarding industry has nearly doubled over the past decade. Demand for pet grooming, boarding, training and walking is at an all-time high due to rising pet ownership, improved disposable income and changing consumer preferences regarding pet care. This year the industry has grown to 9 billion dollars with an 8% increase expected in 2020. The Pet Grooming & Boarding in the US industry consists of Pet grooming, pet training, pet boarding, pet sitting and dog walking and others.
Growth in any industry for the most part means there’s always an opportunity for money to be made across the board, so today we are going to take a look at how you can maximize your potential growth during this great time of opportunity in the pet grooming industry.
First thing first before you head on any conquest, you must decide what exactly do you want to achieve, is it more sales, freedom, brand expansion or community connections. Regardless of what your goal is this one tactic is worth implementing in your business this upcoming year.
Have you heard the phrase there’s “Riches in the Niches?”
If yes you are right on the money if not you might want to get in on this gravy train. So let’s cover the what, when, why and how’s.
- What is Niche or Niche Marketing as we will discuss it today.
- Why is it important to me?
- When should I try it?
- How do I implement it in my barbering business now?
According to Google Niche marketing is an advertising strategy that focuses on a unique target market. Instead of marketing to everyone who could benefit from a product or service, this strategy focuses exclusively on one group—a niche market—or demographic of potential customers who would most benefit from the offerings.
2.A niche is important to you because creating a niche marketing strategy can benefit your business in several ways:
- A niche serves very specific, unmet needs of a customer market.
- A niche offers well-defined solutions (services or products) that match customers’ needs.
- A niche provides a targeted and comfortable environment for customers.
- And a niche allows you (the business owner) to feel excited and satisfied.
- When should you implement the idea, You should implement it as soon as your done reading this article there’s no time like the present to grab hold of an opportunity that could potentially take your business to the next level of influence in your field.
Let’s take a look at some of the most profitable niche’s in the pet grooming industry that you could show you how you can use this tactic to your advantage in your business right now.
1. Pet grooming is not expected to slow down with over 74 million pet owners in the US alone, this market is headed expecting nothing but growth. Set yourself apart in this forever growing industry by specializing in certain breeds such as: cocker spaniels, poodles and Bedlington terriers just to name a few.
2. Pet Spa and Salon treatments that offer Specialty products such as shampoos and skin therapy – scented, hypoallergenic, treatment for skin conditions, etc.
3.Pet Hotels Americans are spending more on pets, destination vacations for dogs and cats are becoming more popular. Prices may be fairly steep, ranging from $200 per night and up at one location
4. Pet Sitting and Dog walking: Starting a pet sitting or dog walking company most certainly has the ability to give you the financial freedom you are dreaming of and the startup costs are very manageable. Most new business owners can start their company with less than $500. No wonder so many people are starting pet care companies!
All of these are profitable niche markets that you could implement to maximize your sales and community reach. Click here to give your Pet business an unfair advantage in 2020 starting right now.